Marching Band Students are fitted for their uniforms during the Summer Marching Program (Band Camp). Students will be assigned a day when they will be required to be measured, based on their instrument section. Once fitted to a student, all uniforms remain in the band closet and are never taken home. Students will change into and out of their uniforms before and after all marching band events. Each student is responsible for the whereabouts of all their uniform parts which must be returned at the end of Raffle Day each year. Your student fees pay for uniform rental, cleaning and maintenance of the marching uniform.
Have questions about the Marching uniforms? Please contact Julie Gamboa, Marching Uniform Coordinator, at email@example.com.
The Marching Band Uniform
- Black Socks - provided by the student (with spare socks stored in parents' glove compartment).
- Head cover "Shako" with plume - with the exception of sousaphones, color guard, and the front ensemble all marchers will wear the Shako with detachable plume. Sousaphones wear berets. Front ensemble members wear nothing on their heads.
- Tunic/Jacket - the jacket zips in the BACK. The sleeves have interior snaps to adjust the length. No tailoring is required. There is no notable difference between a men's and women's jacket; as long as it fits, it's good to go!
- Bib/Pants - the bibs also have snaps to adjust pants leg lengths. No tailoring required.
- Band T-shirt, to be worn under the tunic - students will be issued 1 band t-shirt, which they can keep and take home (and wash)! The first shirt is covered by your band fees. Additional shirts must be purchased.
- Black Marching Shoes - "Dinkles" - All new marchers must purchase their first pair of Dinkles. As students outgrow or wear out their initial-issue shoes they can trade them in from the used shoe inventory, or purchase another pair. See the Uniform Coordinator. Many Seniors will turn in their Dinkles upon graduation and add them to the used-shoe inventory.
Marching Uniforms (including shoes) are stored in the Uniform Closet at school, and are never taken home (with the exception of individual participation in various college Band Camps). All students are required to properly inventory and store all marching uniform parts in their garment bag and in their assigned space in the uniform closet after each performance.
Front Ensemble Uniforms
The Front Ensemble will usually wear the same uniform as the marching band (minus Shako).
[Depending on the total number of marchers on the field and our available marching uniform inventory the Front Ensemble may be required to have a separate uniform, consisting of
- Black Socks - provided by the student
- Black Pants - provided by the student
- Black Marching Shoes "Dinkles"
-Tunic - rented for the season, provided by the school, included with your band fees. The tunic must be returned at the end of the season. It is NOT taken home.
Color Guard Uniforms
- Color Guard uniforms are measured during the Summer Marching Program. The design varies each year.
- Color Guard Shoes vary each year based on the style of the seasonal uniform. These shoes must be purchased through Charms, as designated by the Color Guard Director.